Friday, September 2, 2011

grapefruit

Having grapefruit this morning, the seasons are changing. It will always remind me of my grand mother Quinta, she loved the fruit and had this very special way of cutting it, she even had a special grapefruit knife. She had a unique way when peeling and cutting all fruit and she is probably part of the reason I love the fruit I love, apples, mango, pineapple, and grapefruit. Remembering this makes me aware of the influence we have on our kids eating habits. WOw what a responsibility, no wonder I'm happy to hang out with breast feeding only for the full six months, and then we start introducing solids and take of on the food journey, hopefully breastfeeding for a long time too. CQ is teething, so loves the texture of cucumber, apple and watermelon. I thought naming someone was a big responsibility, feeding I'll admit is daunting. ...Three deep cleansing breaths and we take the days as they happen.

1 comment: