Monday, November 21, 2011

See you later...

Calling out "See you later..." seems to lighten the farewell and help my mind rap it self around the idea of good bye's. My heart breaks a little every time I have to leave people I love. I hate missing out, it's not that I suffer from much fOMO(fear of missing out), it's only when people do and experience things without me that I loose my cool. Okay so I suffer from FOMO when it comes to my family.
Saying goodbye to long summer days, thunder storms and big clouds with terrifying lightning. Suddenly CQ is down for the night by 4:30pm and I haven't even given her, her last meal or bath. She woke up around 8:30pm and we attempted a bath and to feed her some oatmeal but she very adamantly and loudly made sure to let us know this is not okay, all she wanted was a little milk and to be left to sleep...agghh Maaaamaaa! I again realize that she truly sleeps and wakes with the sun. Days are short and nights are long...Suddenly getting up at 6am is no biggy, who would've thought. I have to shout out a profound "Thank you" to my Mother, my sister,
my brother, my family of amazing friends and CQ's Essie,
Kimmy,
LaLa,
aunties and
uncles and nieces and nephews.
I have no words that would do justice for all the generosity and love we received over the past five weeks. A memorable and gorgeous time in beautiful South Africa.
I give the other Thank you to my husband who very graciously kept our life running on this side of the world, with such ease and love, I stand in awe of him. The World can seem so big and the ocean a great separator, yet it seems we live in a global village and it's easy to stay tuned these days. You have to admit, when we apply our minds amazing things originate. MetaMama: "I am astounded at the amount of change all around, the transformation and passion that is reaching a cataclysmic triumph, forcing the world to create from its true source, it seems to me."

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh - so lovely! Miss you guys already!! Thanks Ryan for sharing your girls with us for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete